Sunday, November 7, 2010

30Char #6 - "You don't say?"

Character number 6 for the 30 Character Challenge was done last night, I promise you. But I wanted to give it an ink pass, to see what it looks like.  Here's Inspector Nigel E. Cuddlington, from the Yard. Despite his welcoming name, his a "by-the-book" kind of chap. In this take he could be saying, "Hmmm, you don't say..." or "What's all this?..." or "Did I put on my son's toy helmet on again?" Bly-me! Here you can see the pencils, and the inks. There will be another character today (#7), and it will post, whether its just a scratch on the page, or not.
So, I liked the expression on the face, even though his head is shallow (too vertically elongated). I was going for the comics look, but I wehttp://www.oxymoronpress.blogspot.com/nt too far. Trying to pick up caricature "memes" for face-elements. Using this character time to experiment as well. Hope you liked them. Don't forget to visit the other character challengers at their 30 Character Challenge haunts. There's Kevin Cross ( @KevinCross ) at Laser Beams Go! and Bob Learned ( @BobLearned ) aOxymoron Press or his 30Char place! We also have Jahhdog ( @Jahhdog ) at his Howling Room. I'll try to keep a better list for next post, because there are more of us in this party.
Have a great art time!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh yes. Major G.

    This Mr. Nigel E. Cuddlington looks "spot on" for this challenge "eh, wot?"


    ArrrOOOooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say no more, say no more..." Jolly Good. Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete