Wednesday, November 24, 2010

30Char 22 - Hank Huggs

Not letting the character backlog grow now. Here's entry 21 for the 30 Character Challenge, (Underground edition). This means I'm still 2 characther's behind with yesterday's and today's character. I intend to draw the reamining ones tonight!  I leave you with a hug now! (ugh!)

Here's Hank Huggs. He's basically a nice guy. Maybe too nice. Actually, kind of ugly! Imagine getting a big old hug from him (shivers). Hank is a relentless ambassador of good will, and hospitality. Try as he may, people avoid him in general. There's something about a person that just doesn't know when to stop hugging everyone. He'll even wait for the mailman just to try to hug him. Don't get me wrong, hugs are a very positive way to convey emotion, and form a bond, but too much is too much. He can take it to extremes. For instance, you don't hug a traffic officer when you get stopped for a moving violation. I'm sure that his happy go lucky attitude and enthusiasm are admirable, but you don't go to a court session carrying a "Free Hugs" sign.

For more characters through this month, drop by the 30Character Challenge web site, or visit some of my great artist friends to see their characters. You'll flip over creations by Kevin Cross, Bob Learned, Christopher Tupa, "Jahhdog", and George Ward. This is a great way to explore creativity, and possibilities. It is also a fun way to practice.

Thanks so much for visiting. Drop by for more during this month. You can follow me on Twitter, just click on gonzalexx, or subscribe to this blog, if you like. I'm also currently running a Webcomic Jam at my LAB (blog). It's a fun collaboration between 6 awesome cartoonists, and myself. The story that we are developing is really interesting.

Well, that's all for now, and as always, have a great art time!

No comments:

Post a Comment