Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30Char #11 - Tommy Trek

Here's Tommy Trek. A quick sketch addition as Character #11 for the 30 Character Challenge, underground edition. Tommy is a regular at pop culture conventions, and sci-fi related gatherings. He likes to play it cool in fan circles, especially when "socializing" with his Star Trek fan club comrades, but his mother's constant watch never ends. This time she managed to shoe-horn a cell phone into one of his "Tricorder" replicas. Not situation befitting a Starfleet science officer, is it?
For more characters all through this month, drop by the 30 Character Challenge web site, or visit some of my great creator friends to see their characters. You'll flip over creations by such great artists as Kevin Cross, Bob Learned, Christopher Tupa, "Jahhdog", and George Ward. Many colleagues are officially, and unofficially participating. I think this is a great way to explore creative potential and possibilities, and a great and fun way to practice. I am currently a bit behind, but I intend to catch up this week.
Thanks so much for visiting. Drop by for more, every now and then. You can follow me on Twitter as gonzalexx, or subscribe to this blog, if you like. I'm also currently running a Webcomic Jam at my LAB (blog). It's a fun collaboration between 6 awesome cartoonists, and myself, and the story development is really interesting.
Well, that's all for now, and as always, have a great art time!

No comments:

Post a Comment