Monday, November 29, 2010

30Char #29 - Uncle Sal

Entry # 29 of the 30 Character Challenge, Underground Edition. In the next to last character, I offer a humble pencil sketch. Its marked "Boot Up Sketch" because it was started while booting up a computer (I haven't beat the computer yet).

Meet "Uncle Sal". Mr. Salvatore Vespucio Poggolini. Kind hearted, he spends evenings at the lodge, never getting in trouble. Look at that face, looks like he's going to tell you there's spinach between your teeth. Go back 30 years, when he knew every cop and every crook in another town. These days he doesn't talk about it, but every now and then you'll see him stare out the window, and at his cello case. You know, I don't think I've seen him play his Cello either.

I'm glad I can say I missed drawing with just pencils. This means I've been inking at least for four days straight. It's nice to let loose with pencils. After all, that's where everything comes from.

There are more new characters for today and tomorrow at the 30Character Challenge web site. But for registered, unregistered, and underground creations, visit some of my crazy awesome artist friends: Kevin Cross, Bob Learned,Christopher Tupa, "Jahhdog", and George Ward.

Only one character left to go. I'm thinking of doing further challenges. Follow me on Twitter, click gonzalexx, or subscribe to this blog if you like. Leave a comment, please, they're very much appreciated. That's it for now, as always, have a great art time!

No comments:

Post a Comment