Tuesday, March 15, 2011

At The Paint Store

I had planned to do some cleaning up this mornng, in preparation for house painting activities, but things got re-scheduled, and I ended up going to the paint store, among other errands. Sketchbook in tow, I sat and sketch the first thing I saw while waiting for our order to be ready.
This man was very much into his project, talking to everyone behind the tall counter, while his stood there and had this "let him do his thing" look on her face. He even ventured into the back room where the employees where mixing his paints, and basically had the run of the place for a while. This brand name store was rather sparse on displays, other than the accessories, and color guide counters. The main counter was one of those high top deals, covering all of the paperwork, and old CRT type point of sale equipment. At one point I saw the clerk using a very old looking keyboard which looked more like an adding machine than part of a computer, or cash register.
This wasn't one of my favorite things to sketch, but it served as a good warm-up. I hope to sketch more today, though I can always count on the daily play time park trip with my daughter. I can't complain. Any time to sketch is good in my eyes.
Hope you like this mid-day intermission post. Thanks for dropping by, and have a great art time!

No comments:

Post a Comment