Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Park Sketch

Today I took my daughter to get some sunlight at a nearby park we hadn't visited in some time. She had a hard time remembering previous visits. It was kept a lot nicer than our latest park destination. It had better features, and it easier to keep an eye on her.
She rode her scooter while I walked behind. Then we hit the jungle gym until a girl her age showed up scooting beside her. This was perfect for me to finding time to sketch a little bridge on the running path.
It was great to stand on the side of the path, sketching, while walkers, and joggers passed me by. A couple peeked at what I was doing, but they left me alone. Maybe it was the silly satisfied smile on my face because I was enjoying the moment. It was easy to keep an eye on charge while drawing.
The perspective is a bit off, in general, but I enjoyed the challenge (there are some visible construction lines). As for the foliage, left for the last minute, it didn't get much attention,  and I was loosing daylight. My daughter's new found friend coincided with our quitting time too.
I believe this is going to be a regular stop for us. Well trimmed grass, no garbage visible whatsoever, and very pleasant. To think my daughter didn't want to go there. She's still at that age when routines make her life, and gets funny if you change things.
Hope you enjoyed this little fun sketch. Thanks for dropping by, and have a great art time!

No comments:

Post a Comment