Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy B-Day Jules

Here's wishing Jules Gabriel Verne a happy birthday! I've been so busy with job-hunt related activities lately that my daily drawings have suffered from neglect. Today I got fed up with the stress of waiting for responses from interviewers, and decided to draw something I really like, and that had meaning. I grew up watching those fantastic movies based on Jules Verne novels, among others, and grabbed the ocassion of his birthday to pick one of my favorite scenes from 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. I also liked the movie adaptation of his novel "The Moon Voyage". Some of the most cherished memories of my youth include sitting with my father to watch these stories. I inherited my love of sci-fi and fantasy from my dad's own, and I'm grateful for this. And thank you too, Jules!
I hope you liked this. Its a bit rough, but my pencil flew tonight, and it felt good. Thanks for dropping by, and always remember to have a great art time. It is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment