Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rocketeer

Hi there! Just a little sketch, inspired by someone's tweet about the 20th anniversary of the latest movie adaptation of "The Rocketeer". Actually, I saw an animation for the occasion created by John Banana (yes, I said banana), and that was enough for me to look up some images, and pick one to sketch. Here's John's original animation. What a piece of work! The image I based this sketch on, was one of many. From actual stills, comic book editions, and the "recent" movie version, I picked what looks like someone's art work, or a photograph, who knows. It could have been retouched at some point. Anyway, you can see most of the images that inspired me here, the Comics Reporter blog (posted by Tom Spurgeon).
Hope you liked it (thanks Tom, and all sources of inspiration). Thanks for dropping by, and remember to have a great art time!

No comments:

Post a Comment