Tuesday, June 14, 2011

When You Wish Upon A Death Star

After a month's hiatus from posting, and drawing as much as I'm used to, I post this "funny" piece for the Tuesday Sketch. The topic was death. I immediately thought of a grim reaper, but wanted some twist to it. For some reason, Star Wars keeps popping into my thoughts lately. I suppose we are still bombarded by it, and being a fan from the "beginning times", the Death Star came to mind. The "wish upon a star" phrase almost made me include Jiminy Cricket, but I thought better of it, and wanted to save drawing that Disney character for another time. "Death Takes A Holiday" also came to mind. But there you have it. Death wishing upon a star. Hope you liked my slightly twisted sense of humor upon my return to posting. Hope to be able to post more frequently too. Thanks for dropping by, and have a great art time!

No comments:

Post a Comment