Saturday, May 14, 2011

Park-Dad Sketch

A quick sketch drawn 3 days ago at the park. I've been kind of busy this week, but this was an impulsive sketch I snuck into the schedule. I've been taking my daughter to the park fairly regularly. We can go if she does her homework, and the weather permits. That's the deal. I've met other parents, and made some friends. It's great to compare notes on parenting, and shoot the breeze for a while. My friend agreed to be sketched, but he's not the type of person that likes to be photographed. That's understandable, and I thank him for making an exception. I think I caught his expression watching out for his son. That's a dad for you. Park-going parents stick together, and take turns watching. This is how I usually get a chance to sketch in these situations. That's all for now. Thanks for dropping by, and remember to have a great art time!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you did Jose, the subtleties in an expression are hard to capture. A micron one way or the other and an expression can say something totally different. I see worried Dad there. Good Job my friend and keep that sketch book with you!

    ReplyDelete