Sunday, March 4, 2012

Acrylics Play

We had us a good time with some acrylics yesterday. Our little one kept reminding me we needed to paint because she had to practice for her first "sale". A friend of my wife's liked one of my daughter's paintings so much that she offered to commission her. My daughter was actually calculating how much she would charge! Anyway, I figured it was a great opportunity for some father-daughter art time, so I got some cheap acrylics to play with. They weren't that bad after all! Good range of colors in the set, and it wasn't all that messy either. We grabbed a bunch of brushes, and a couple of neon colored poster sheets because this was a test. I spared you the shocking colors with some image processing here, but you can tell the poster material was bright. We picked a corner on each sheet to use as palette, and went at it with no specific aim. My daughter had a blast, and we finished pretty much at the same time (a first!). Beautiful flower, a dog, a butterfly, a rainbow, and an angel. All things she loves to draw and paint.
I had no idea where I was going, and you can tell by the inverse eyes, and the hand, that I wasn't planning much when I painted this frog-like creature holding a candle. I did have fun with the paint, checking how it behaved, its stickiness, and how much one could water it down. Glad it was easy to wash off too. In the end, my daughter wanted to take them to grandma, and expected them to be hung in her house. Grandma loved them, and we'll see where she puts them :).
Impulsive art is always fun, no matter what comes of it. Hope you liked these... I love my daughter's raw talent, and inspiration. Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment