Monday, October 11, 2010

iPod Dinosaur

I've been sketching and doodling various subjects this weekend, and while trying my hand at reptiles, I used Sketchbook Mobile on my iPod to put together a composite of a dinosaur. This looks like a Leptosaur, but I'm not all that sure, since this was from imagination. Working on scales was therapeutic on this one. I'm sure I could capture scales better, but this piece was mostly me at play, enjoying coloring as a break from pencil sketching. There will be more serious attempts in the future, as I work my way up to dragons.  I hope you like it!  Thanks for visiting, and have a great art time!

2 comments:

  1. Sketchbook Mobile is great, isn't it? I haven't look into all the brushes it has and you can modify. The best thing is that you can use it in short sessions and work on your digital art during breaks. The best thing, no one thinks anything of it, because so many fiddle with their smartphones nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! No one bugs you (too much). If you've got a colleague or friend nearby, they may ask and/or want to see what you're up to. I like the fact that you can leave it alone when interrupted (don't forget to save though).
    Yes, its a great little sketchpad, and can also serve to practice and prepare for other sketches or pieces you're working on. I haven't taken work from it to the PC for further elaboration as of yet, but I'm sure once I get more digitally inclined, it will be a time saver.
    Thanks for your visit and comment, Rene!

    ReplyDelete